possible bug with screen

Having trouble with CloudNovel? Post here, and we'll help out!

possible bug with screen

Postby lenore » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 am

In the game Penpals, I've set up the "questionnaire" scene to include a choice of avatars for the MC, which I have set up on a screen called "MC Avatar". I have set the screen to open on the MC's lines and close on the next character's line, with conditions so the correct avatar shows. It's all working fine while I'm editing the scenes, but when I preview it the avatars don't show. I've tried hiding the textbox to make sure it's not just showing up behind it in preview, but it would appear that the screen is just not opening. I've double checked the conditions I set for the avatars, and I believe it should be working correctly, but as always, it's entirely possible that I'm just overlooking something.
lenore

Re: possible bug with screen

Postby Sonya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:46 am

lenore

Can you tell me how to play your game and answer the questionaire to get an avatar, I can't fix it if I can't reproduce the bug.

Please tell me how it is working correctly in the editor, and in the preview. Just give me instructions on what choices/buttons to press to get an avatar from the questionnaire.
ImageImage
Sonya
Princess
Princess

Postby lenore » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 am

After you enter a username you should be prompted to select an avatar. Since I currently only have one character route, I believe I have it set up so you only need to get one question right to move on to the first chat (choosing music on the first one should do it) -- I can confirm this later but I have to go to work now. If this doesn't help, feel free to ignore it until I've had a chance to get some screencaps and better explain myself.
lenore

Postby Sonya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:28 pm

lenore wrote:After you enter a username you should be prompted to select an avatar. Since I currently only have one character route, I believe I have it set up so you only need to get one question right to move on to the first chat (choosing music on the first one should do it) -- I can confirm this later but I have to go to work now. If this doesn't help, feel free to ignore it until I've had a chance to get some screencaps and better explain myself.

There is a bug with your game, I'm performing tests on it so for the meantime please don't touch it until I finish.
ImageImage
Sonya
Princess
Princess

Postby lenore » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Alright, thank you so much! Also no worries if you need to put this off until after the new site is done.
lenore

Return to Support