***FLASHING LIGHTS WARNING FOR MIKURU'S ROUTE***
((Please only play Mikuru's route right now - Toshiro's is back under construction!!))
Demo for Apocalyptic Dream, or ApoYume for short. Play as Mikuru or Toshiro in each spoiler-free snippet. Routes for each twin are completely different.
ApoYume is an Otome set during a zombie Apocalypse. Content warning for violence, language, and adult themes. Romance tags refer to all options possible in full game.
The kickstarter to fund the full project launches August 6th and will run for 30 days! The full game will be coded through Unity, and will have seamless transitions. Sprites are by Sasamekuh.
All updates as of Dec 2nd 2023:
• Roughly 900 more words have been added to Mikuru's route, with Sayaka present in that section.
• Dialogue in her route has been updated to sound more natural.
• Ryuu and Atsushi's themes from OST were added for the brief romantic notes with them.
• ALL of the sprites were resized to be smaller, so that they don't look as compressed. ...I'm not sure how well it worked. 😭 Idk, let me know if it still looks crunchy on your device... Arisa's new resized files have been saved but my hand is giving out on me, I couldn't swap her out yet. I'll do that probably Monday but won't make an update about it outside of the discord server.
• Menu theme, suspense theme, danger theme, Mikuru hopeful theme, Mikuru normal theme from OST have all been added. OST tracks are shorter than the previous royalty-free tracks I had in, so the loops will be more noticeable. Toshiro's theme should also have been swapped in properly just by default.
• Sayuri's theme was also swapped in, despite it not being a romantic moment. I really like the royalty-free track I had in there before, but I will not be using any royalty-free tracks in the full game except when absolutely necessary (ie backstory-chapter specific exceptions).
• Some BGs have been replaced. Menu screen has been updated (not final, this is a low res version with my studio logo added), and a replaced credits screen is up with unofficial font.
What was NOT done, but will be tackled ASAP:
• Toshiro's route doesn't have any updates other than swapped out assets. Arisa's have not been swapped out yet because I'm also going to add her extra pose, but as mentioned the files are already saved and almost ready to go.
• Atsushi's voice files will be updated (thank you Jordan! ^^).