Fluff's Lair Forum!
- 11/18 02:15 pm Café Rouge Fan Art Contest The new deadline of the fan art contest is December 25th, 2019. This is extended to the day the Kickstarter ends! That's it! Thanks for reading :) Sonya said: Café Rouge is hosting an official art contest! In celebration of reaching over 88% of funding for our Kickstarter in the first 3 days, we are hosting an official fan art contest for Café Rouge! We have over $1500+ in prizes that 3 winners will be able to win. To enter, all you have to do is draw fan art of one of the characters from the official Café Rouge character cast. Prizes: 1st - CloudNovel's "Sakura" LIFETIME Membership (normal price $1000) 2nd - CloudNovel's "Ninja" LIFETIME Membership (normal price $500) 3rd - 50,000 CloudNovel Points What are memberships? Click here to learn more. Rules: Draw one or more of the characters from the Cafe Rouge otome game, and submit it here, thru email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on twitter with the hashtag #caferougecontest. Deadline: This contest ends on December 25th, 2019! You have until the Kickstarter ends! Here are the characters: @Sonya
- 11/15 03:51 pm Weekly Newsletter November 15th, 2019 Hey guys it’s Sonya, Remember when I said last week I would stop working on development of the CloudNovel engine and focus on other site/platform features? Welp, I lied, the Empress (DAX) and I had a chat and we realized to make the CloudNovel engine stop at a good stopping point is if we have the following features added: 1. Buttons clicked state image, button hover sound effect, and clicked sound effect 2. The handle/knob of bars so they can become sliders 3. Custom states for screens so screens are just like scenes with pages (for screens we decided to call screen pages’ “states”) So I basically added these two features in, and I will do some polishing up, THEN THE NEXT WEEK AFTER THAT, I will start working on the documentation. DAX and I are handling the documentation as our next big project, so right now we are wrapping up the CloudNovel engine with last minute additions because we just thought they were really important for you guys, and we didn’t want to wait. Enjoy the new features you guys! They should open up a lot of doors for you to create even more of wherever your imaginations take you! Have fun! Stay warm, and don’t go crazy chasing turkeys in your backyard!
- 11/06 09:40 am Café Rouge Our Kickstarter has been successfully funded in 5 days!! We are now onto the stretch goals, here is the next stretch goal, UNLOCK CHRIS AS A ROMANCE-ABLE ROUTE Once we hit $3000, he is UNLOCKED!! Please keep spreading the word about this otome game, also the reward tiers have lowered prices for the top tiers (Custom NPC is now $250, and Custom Side Story is now $450) hurry and get them before they're gone these are LIMITED! Also, we have added one new reward.... PHYSICAL ART BOOK!!! Here's our official update post in the kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloudnovel/cafe-rouge-otome-visual-novel/posts/2674976 I will be eternally grateful for your support. Please help by sharing this with your friends and family!!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloudnovel/cafe-rouge-otome-visual-novel
- 11/05 05:33 pm Resource Rules These rules are for the Resource Gallery Please read it when adding an asset to the resource or using an asset from it. Resource rules have been updated. Please read it carefully. (UPDATED: November 5th, 2019) Uploading to Resources Gallery Every time, you upload an asset to Resources Gallery, it will not be listed immediately. Your asset will need to go through a screening due to an influx of copyright infringement assets uploaded in the past. To prevent this, we have been filtering the resources that could appear on the site. Now, you may ask, what is Resource Gallery? Resource Gallery is a place where users could upload resources that could be used by ANYONE. Therefore, Resource Gallery is not a place to showcase your artworks. It is also not a place to upload the asset for your visual novel. Here are several guides for you to pay attention to when you upload an asset to CloudNovel. If you are the copyright owner of the asset: - You must state you are the copyright owner in the description. - You must state the term of usage of your asset. (Is it okay to use for commercial use? or anything) - Your asset must be transparent PNG unless you are uploading background asset. - Make sure your asset is not exclusive rights. People would be using your assets for their game so if you do not want people to use your assets, DO NOT UPLOAD THEM TO RESOURCES GALLERY. If you are sharing other works: - You must clearly state who owned the assets. Link to original creator is highly encouraged. - You must state the term of use for the asset. You need to link to the original ToS page. (Do the creator allow editing? Do the creator allows Commercial/Non-Commercial use/etc). - The asset must be allowed for sharing and redistribution. - If the creator only allowed the assets to be shared but not redistribution, you may watermark the image asset with the word SAMPLE and add only ONE image as a cover image then don't add any images to the content. Next, add the link to the original source in the description. - If the copyright owner does not allow sharing, JUST DONT SHARE IT HERE. If you are sharing R18 assets: - You are required to censor the cover image of the assets. - You are required to add [R-18] at the very front of your asset title. If you are uploading using free version: - Please make sure you upload the assets to a long-lasting hosting site (such as trello.com or create your own private discord server to get a link). DeviantArt sta.sh link does not longer works on CloudNovel. Avoid using hosting site such as PhotoBucket or imgur as their link would quickly expired and always changing. If you are uploading using Premium version: - You are recommended to use direct upload. - If you are uploading asset(s) that is not yours, you are not allowed to make it unlockable using points. Make sure you upload the assets to its proper section - Character - Sprites of a character with at least two expression (Optional: Differerent pose, clothes, etc) - Background - Background art | Filtered environment photo. - Object - Icons, Items and etc - GUI - Buttons for GUI (Play, Load and etc), Textboxes, Arrows, Screen Background, Bars, Choice Boxes and anything that is related to GUI To get listed, you must abide by the rules. Here are the rules and action we would take if you do not adhere to the rules. We will disapprove your asset(s), if: - You do not give proper credit. - You do not state the term of use/term of service. - You do not upload transparent PNG except for background assets. - You do not have more than one expression for character assets. - You are uploading a bad quality asset. (small, cropped, etc) We will delete your asset(s), if: - You are uploading an existing asset(s). - You are uploading cover image only. - You are using unrelated images as a cover image. This is considered as clickbait. - You are uploading unrelated assets to game development (unrelated artwork, fan art, etc) - You are uploading assets that belong to other people who do not allow you to share and redistribute it. - You are uploading a real-life image such as human - You are uploading real-life environment photo (which do not have any filter on) - You are uploading the work of others without permission. - You are uploading the work of others but required people to unlock it for points. - You have falsely claimed the asset(s) as yours even though it is not. - You are uploading asset(s) from a generator (such as CloudAvatar, Rinmaru, MMD) or pre-made models (for character assets. - You are uploading asset(s) that clearly meant not to be used by others (eg: troll assets, low quality and etc) We will ban your account, if: - You have repeatedly violated the rules that would result in asset(s) deletion. IMPORTANT: We may add more rules in the future. All that said, our staffs are still humans so it is very much possible for the asset(s) that are violating the rules slip off our sight and accidentally approved. If you find an asset that is violating the rules, please immediately contact the mod using the Help button on the main navigation bar.
- 11/01 10:58 am Café Rouge Fan Art Contest Café Rouge is hosting an official art contest! In celebration of reaching over 88% of funding for our Kickstarter in the first 3 days, we are hosting an official fan art contest for Café Rouge! We have over $1500+ in prizes that 3 winners will be able to win. To enter, all you have to do is draw fan art of one of the characters from the official Café Rouge character cast. Prizes: 1st - CloudNovel's "Sakura" LIFETIME Membership (normal price $1000) 2nd - CloudNovel's "Ninja" LIFETIME Membership (normal price $500) 3rd - 50,000 CloudNovel Points What are memberships? Click here to learn more. Rules: Draw one or more of the characters from the Cafe Rouge otome game, and submit it here, thru email at email@example.com, or on twitter with the hashtag #caferougecontest. Deadline: This contest ends on December 25th, 2019! You have until the Kickstarter ends! Here are the characters: