CloudNovel's Basic Tutorial

Helpful tutorials from the community on using CloudNovel

CloudNovel's Basic Tutorial

Postby DAX » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 am

Hello! Since we know that the tutorial from Youtube is outdated, we have decided to create a tutorial for you here.
Hope it will help you using CloudNovel.
We will add it one by one so please be patient :)

Table of Contents:
1. How to Create A New Visual Novel
2. Know Your Workspace
3. Create A Scene
DAX
Empress
Empress

Location: Malaysia. Kalau ada orang Malaysia kat sini dan nak tanya soalan boleh tanya saya.

How to Create a New Visual Novel

Postby DAX » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:33 am

How to Create A New Visual Novel

[Reveal] Spoiler:
1. You need a CloudNovel account.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Click ‘Create’ on the top bar.
4. Choose ‘Visual Novel’.
5. Name your project.
6. Add a description (optional)
7. Choose ‘Professional’ or ‘Free’.
8. Choose Maturity, ‘All’ or ‘Mature’.
9. Click ‘Save’.
10If a blue screen shows up, you have successfully created a new visual novel.

Hello, everyone. This post will talk about How to Create A Visual Novel.
I have put a simplified step by step above, so you can refer it if you don’t like a long tutorial.

1. You need a CloudNovel account.
SO, to create a visual novel, you NEED to have a CloudNovel account. Why do you need an account? It is to make sure you agreed with our term of service and you will allow us to save your project on the site.

I mean, what is the use of creating a project but don’t have an account to save it? Not that it is possible to create a VN without one though… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thus, just like Google or Steam, we need you to make an account before you start using the engine.

2. Log in to your account.
User and Non-User homepage is different. Therefore, to enable your perks as a registered user, you have to log in.

BEFORE LOG IN

AFTER LOG IN (see that user side bar?)

3. Click ‘Create’ on the top bar.
Once you are logged in, the top bar should have been changed into something like this.

All you need to do is to click that ‘Create’ button. Click it!

4. Choose ‘Visual Novel’.
This step depends on what you want to create. If you want to create a visual novel, choose ‘Visual Novel’. If you want to create dress up avatar, click ‘Dress Up’. However, our focus is to create a visual novel.

Thus, look under ‘Games’ section and choose ‘Visual Novel’.

After you click it, a form like this should show up.

5. Name your project.
Everything in this world has a name. Even ‘unknown’ is called ‘unknown’.

Therefore, name your project. It will help you to not confuse it with other projects too.

6. Add a description.
At this stage, this is tooooootally optional. Why? Because you can edit it later in Settings.

Personally, I never add a description at this stage. However, it is up to you to add it right now. But in case you don’t add it currently, please add it later.

Description works like those words behind the book. It helps readers judge either your game worth their time or not. This is why I don’t add a description when I just want to create a new visual novel. Because if the description is not interesting, I don’t think a reader will play it. I take time to think of a good description.

Because, since they said to not judge by its cover, the least we can do is to judge by its description, right?

7. Choose Professional or Free.

In short, Professional costs you 1000 points and Free is free.

Honestly, by the time I’m writing this, there are not a lot of difference between Professional and Free. The benefits of using Professional are you can upload your asset directly from the computer, save your assets on our storage, and add a password so only those who have the password can access your visual novel.

If you are new and just want to learn how to use CloudNovel, I recommend you to choose ‘Free’. It is enough for you to learn the basic.

8. Choose Maturity. ‘All’ or ‘Mature’?
Okay. This is important! If your visual novel is safe for everyone, you can choose ‘All’.
Anything else, please choose ‘Mature’.

I know, I know. However, we only have two type of ratings currently and Sonya is working hard to add more rating so please make do with only these two.

Again, choose ‘All’ if it safe for everyone’s view and ‘Mature’ for anything else that is not safe, such as containing swear words, blood and gore. Sexual content is definitely ‘Mature’.

Note to be considered: CloudNovel is global and has people around the globe. What you think is safe, might not be safe for others. Try to find a proper ground in between.

9. Click ‘Submit’.
Once you filled the form as required above, click ‘Submit’.

If the blue screen appeared, (we called it scene map or map scene) that means, you have successfully created a new visual novel.

DAX
Empress
Empress

Location: Malaysia. Kalau ada orang Malaysia kat sini dan nak tanya soalan boleh tanya saya.

Return to Tutorials