Many questions

Got a question or suggestion for CloudNovel? Post your question/suggestion here!

Many questions

Postby WishingIris » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello! I'm new and I have a lot of questions.
- Is there a limit to how long a visual novel can be?
- Can you make mini games in a Visual novel and in a dress up game?
- If so, what type of mini games can be created?
- Can animations be added?
- Is there going to be an app?
- In the shop, what does it mean by storage? Storage for what?

Also, I think we should spread the word about cloud novel. I will try and catch some attention through the app amino. Maybe try and find a YouTuber to review it. I think people will find it easier if it becomes a app. Sorry for all the questions. :?
WishingIris

Re: Many questions

Postby fluffness » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:01 am

WishingIris wrote:Hello! I'm new and I have a lot of questions.

Also, I think we should spread the word about cloud novel. I will try and catch some attention through the app amino. Maybe try and find a YouTuber to review it. I think people will find it easier if it becomes a app. Sorry for all the questions. :?

1) nope there isn't. You can make it as long as you want.
2) yes there can be. Many people have made minigames in their visual novel already. I'm not sure what's a minigames supposed to look like in a dressup game though. Can you tell me some examples?
3) you can make fighting games (example: the red wood), card games (example: dark Lords don't give a :)), adventure/map based game (you click on arrow buttons and move to other locations) (example: miniature love garden), click-and-stuff-happen (like collecting items, pick random item, fishing...) (example: fluffland, investigation game (like danganronpa). And many other things.
4) what kind of animation? Cloudnovel engine can make animations (example in the intro of "helen's doll house"). But if you mean adding video, not yet, but we'll add that feature soon
5) yes, there will. But I'm not sure when. We only have one programmer for the site and there's a lot of work piled up
6) when you create a new visual novel, you can choose free or professional. Professional version has some extra features, and one of them is to allow you to upload assets directly into Cloudnovel instead of using a third party hosting site. But you have only limited space (500mb) so if you want more space, you need to buy more storage for 1000 points.

I hope I managed to answer all your questions. But feel free to ask more if you need.

I agree with the need of spreading Cloudnovel. This site is literally the heaven for people who can't code but still want to make games lol
Support us on Ko-fi to play the latest update of Fluffland!
https://ko-fi.com/monofluff

Join my discord server for latest news and to report bugs
https://discord.gg/wuyVkpE
fluffness
Fluff
Fluff

Postby WishingIris » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:33 am

fluffness wrote:

2) yes there can be. Many people have made minigames in their visual novel already. I'm not sure what's a minigames supposed to look like in a dressup game though. Can you tell me some examples?
3) you can make fighting games (example: the red wood), card games (example: dark Lords don't give a :)), adventure/map based game (you click on arrow buttons and move to other locations) (example: miniature love garden), click-and-stuff-happen (like collecting items, pick random item, fishing...) (example: fluffland, investigation game (like danganronpa). And many other things.
4) what kind of animation? Cloudnovel engine can make animations (example in the intro of "helen's doll house"). But if you mean adding video, not yet, but we'll add that feature soon
5) yes, there will. But I'm not sure when. We only have one programmer for the site and there's a lot of work piled up
6) when you create a new visual novel, you can choose free or professional. Professional version has some extra features, and one of them is to allow you to upload assets directly into Cloudnovel instead of using a third party hosting site. But you have only limited space (500mb) so if you want more space, you need to buy more storage for 1000 points.

I hope I managed to answer all your questions. But feel free to ask more if you need.

I agree with the need of spreading Cloudnovel. This site is literally the heaven for people who can't code but still want to make games lol

Like a platform game where you can collect coins and use them to buy outfits.
WishingIris

Postby fluffness » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 am

WishingIris wrote:
fluffness wrote:

Like a platform game where you can collect coins and use them to buy outfits.

hmm i think not. but that would be possible if you add a dress up feature into a visual novel that has coins collection minigame and shop feature. we gonna add a new feature in the visual novel engine that allows you to make dress up game inside visual novels (so player can choose outfit for the character etc)

fluffness
Fluff
Fluff

Postby WishingIris » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Oh cool. Totally looking forward for it. When's the next contest?
WishingIris

Postby fluffness » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:54 pm

WishingIris wrote:Oh cool. Totally looking forward for it. When's the next contest?

the next will come out soon, but i can't leak too many details yet XD

fluffness
Fluff
Fluff

Postby WishingIris » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:26 pm

fluffness wrote:
WishingIris wrote:Oh cool. Totally looking forward for it. When's the next contest?

the next will come out soon, but i can't leak too many details yet XD

Thank you very much. You've been really helpful! :3
WishingIris

Postby fluffness » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:38 pm

no problem. i'm glad i could help :)

fluffness
Fluff
Fluff

Postby DAX » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:01 pm

I once actually made an amino for CloudNovel but deleted it cuz there is not much of activity. However, if any user would like to spread CloudNovel by recommending them to your contacts, we will very much appreciate it!
DAX
Empress
Empress

Location: Malaysia. Kalau ada orang Malaysia kat sini dan nak tanya soalan boleh tanya saya.

Return to Suggestions & Questions