Close Mark all as read
Notifications Announcements

Total posts

Views

WineChan
Fairy
WineChan
Fairy

Good afternoon everybody, @Cybunny is on break and I, @WineChan, will be writing the newsletters temporarily. We are preparing for our third (and probably last) Kickstarter for Sonya's long awaited game on hiatus, Skights. This was the first game she created after graduating from Boston University, and now Sonya is going to finish the entire story for good.

Other than that, it's the same old thing with Sonya and us staff members. Nothing too exciting, just the same thing this week. Oh and Steam Summer sale is still going on, so make sure to check out Café Rouge and Magical Girl Creator games on Steam if you want to purchase them both at a Summer discount!

Featured Article: How to make a game on Steam

Many people have been wondering how exactly do we make a game on CloudNovel, and then sell it online to places like Steam or Itch.io, well to be honest there isn’t a lot of advice or information on how to exactly sell your game on Steam, nor any books on how to do this or what it’s like to sell your game and be an indie game developer on Steam. 

Having now uploaded 2 of my commercial games on Steam (Café Rouge and Magical Girl Creator), as well as 8 other free games, I now know what it’s like to sell your game on the Steam platform I now know what it’s like to sell your game on the Steam platform, and because there are just not a lot of information on how to do this, I thought I should just write it in this blog post, and share with all of you my experiences on the Steam platform as an indie developer using our CloudNovel game engine.

Click the link to read the full article: https://blog.cloudnovel.net/2020/07/11/how-to-make-a-game-on-steam/

Featured Art from Discord

Our talented community of artists are at it again with lots of new art in our #art channel on the official CloudNovel® Discord. These are just a few of the new art pieces created this week by our discord community.

A shoutout to our talented discord users whose art we featured:

boy.nines
angelic.future
.piratekitty

Sonya's Twitch Schedule

Hello everyone, this week Sonya is back to a two-day stream schedule a week, but again these are just general guidelines since the past few weeks Sonya has been playing games and not "just chatting" as in our scheduled graphics. Hopefully she can go back to her normal 5 day a week schedule, soon, as Sonya still wishes to host her own "talk show" on the internet.... and become a serious online streamer.

You can look at the full schedule here: https://www.twitch.tv/cloudnovel/schedule

Sonya's Development Update

Here is Sonya's official development update for this week:

Hello everyone, nothing anything new or major was added this week, again. I removed the list of subscribers and subscribed on user profiles, as I think some privacy is needed on whose games/content you subscribe to, as well as some minor typography changes in the store page. Other than that, I've just been busy preparing the Kickstarter for Skights. I think it's coming along well.

That's all I have for this week, wish me luck on my stream later tonight. 

Ciao~
-Sonya

Sonya's Closet Tour

This is our weekly newsletter section showcasing all of Sonya's favorite things from her apartment, new and old. Every week, she will share a few items that she uses in her everyday life, just like a closet or apartment tour!

1. Geisha Unicorn
    Sonya's favorite desk unicorns are a geisha and pink sakura themed unicorn sitting under her computer monitor. This little doodle of a geisha with a unicorn horn, which is a chibi human version of one of her desk unicorns, is one of them!

2. Pink Champagne Glasses
    While window shopping at IKEA one day, Sonya spotted these two tall pink champagne glasses that looked perfect for a pink themed fairy bartender. She has since bought several and has a collection of pink champagne glasses at her bar!

3. Black Cat Purse
    Sonya currently carries around her black cat ITA purse, but has yet to add pins to the inside of the cat. She will keep it that way for a while, until she runs out of room in her other ITA purses while collecting her favorite pins.

New Resources of the Week

Wow, talk about another crazy amount of art submissions this week! So many people from our community created so much art this past week, it looks like a museum! These are just 8 of them from this week!

End of newsletter

That concludes the first newsletter of July's news updates, from none other than me, @WineChan! 🍷📰

We hope you guys continue reading our weekly news updates, as we'd like to continue providing new content for all of you guys! Have a good weekend everybody!