Close Mark all as read
Notifications Announcements

Total posts

Views

Sonya
Princess
Sonya
Princess

Hello again, once again, it is I, Princess Sonya, here with another week of updates!

We have finally started working on CloudAvatar dress up game engine (finally) and we added so much stuff and made so many changes to this game engine:

1. Bulk upload
You can now bulk upload files to your CloudAvatar library, that's right, no more manually uploading one file at a time, you can just multi select infinite number of files and it will upload it all in one go!

2. Cross origin setting

You can now manually set yourself whether you want to use cross origin option to load your dress up game. Enabling cross origin means your players can save images of the avatar/character they created, but this has been turned off by default so when people can upgrade their free version of the game to a premium dress up game, their dress up game won't break. 

3. Publishing/updating game options

You can now choose how you want to publish your game, just like visual novel game updates. You can choose to turn off sending a notification to your subscribers, or don't publish an update at all and just make changes to the game.

4. Web link option for assets

In premium dress up games, you can now choose to set a 3rd party hosting link instead of uploading your assets. Before in premium dress up game, you can only upload directly to CloudAvatar. Now you can choose to use either an external file link or upload directly to your cloud storage inside your game library.

5. Folders now available

You can now create folders to organize all your assets in your dress up game's library. If you've noticed before, we didn't have the ability to create folders in the CloudAvatar library. Now it is available, to both free and premium dress up games :)

6. Ability to adjust X & Y axis, and scaling of avatar and its individual pieces

You can now move around the avatar, its pieces, and even adjust how big or small you want to make it and all of its pieces!

7. Watermarks

Custom watermarks are now available in both free and premium dress up games, so if you want to prevent art thieves from taking a screenshot of your art work, you can now place a custom watermark image in front of your game. Remember, you have to also turn it on in your visual novel settings tab. 

8. Animated spritesheets bug
Animated spritesheets for pieces and image assets did not work, but we fixed this and now you can create animated images inside your CloudAvatar game (pieces and image assets have the spritesheet animation options). 

Also, @MidZM, our genius wizard, has been cooking up a new way to load screens. We can't say much on this yet, but once he finishes this, loading screens will be a breeze!

That's all for this week's updates on the website, thanks for reading everyone!
WarriorOutcast WarriorOutcast
Hey! Um, I was wondering, how do the folders exactly work? I'm not able create one? Maybe it's something that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

Sonya
Princess
Sonya
Princess
WarriorOutcast said: Hey! Um, I was wondering, how do the folders exactly work? I'm not able create one? Maybe it's something that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

@WarriorOutcast Hey there, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Folders don't work in the pieces section, it works in the images, sounds, buttons, and text assets. All except pieces. We might add folders to the pieces section in the future, but for now it's disabled in pieces.
WarriorOutcast WarriorOutcast
Sonya said:
WarriorOutcast said: Hey! Um, I was wondering, how do the folders exactly work? I'm not able create one? Maybe it's something that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

@WarriorOutcast Hey there, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Folders don't work in the pieces section, it works in the images, sounds, buttons, and text assets. All except pieces. We might add folders to the pieces section in the future, but for now it's disabled in pieces.
@Sonya Ohhhh, okay! Thanks for getting back to me!