Close Mark all as read
Notifications Announcements

Total posts

Views

Sonya
Princess
Sonya
Princess
Forum has been released!! Still working on it to improve it, but the base features can already be used. You can "follow" to a thread to get notifications when a new post has been added to it. You will be automatically be subscribed to your own threads (can unfollow)Please give us some feedback~ Added new questions to FAQ:
  • Why did my project get disapproved?
To have your game approved, it must:❖ Be able to load properly without broken assets.
❖ Does not containing any copyrighted material (any material that isn't explicitly free to use IS copyrighted). Fan games are allowed, but you have to use your own fan art and material (art and any material from original show/game/etc are copyrighted)
❖ Have credits to the rightful owners of art/music/story in the game credits. If it all belongs to you, please state so to avoid misunderstandings.
If you use free assets from CloudNovel resource, you still have to give credits (note: the user who posted the asset is not always the owner of it).
Google, youtube, DeviantArt, Pinterest, and other general sites who are not the owner of the material do NOT count as credit.
Please list every owner of the assets you used. It took them time to make them, so please mention them at least.
❖ Up to CloudNovel’s standard quality. It must be a polished demo or just decent in quality
❖ Not racist or insulting to other religions or identity.
❖ Not a test game
❖ Have visual content (not words only)
❖ Every scene must be over than 10 pages. (Menu scene is okay.)
❖ Not use pictures of real people in your game.
❖ Not be a project that meant to bring down others (Will get an immediate disapprove or even at risk of getting deleted)
  • What happens if my game has been disapproved?
When your game isn't approved yet/has been disapproved, it will be unlisted. Which means that you still can share your game with others through link, but it won't appear in site. It gets disapproved if it doesn't follow the rules (check the question "Why did my project get disapproved?" in FAQ). If you believe your visual novel has been disapproved unfairly, please contact fluffness.
  • What are the recommended sizes for assets (for default stage)?
Characters: 500-700 x 600-1000
Items: 150-300 x 150-300
Textbox: 700-1200 x 200-350
Background: 1280 x 720Note that CloudNovel engine doesn't actually limit the size of your assets, but bigger your asset is and slower it will be at loading (loading speed also depends on internet speed).
  • How do I get roles? What are roles for?
You have to request roles from a moderator. The roles you can get are: developer, artist, writer, musician, graphic designer. They will be used in recruiting and collaboration, as well as discussions in forums (they are ping-able)

This week Sonya shared with us the sprites of Isis Black, the MC of the first commercial game by CloudNovel: Cafe Rouge.MagykalMystique created a gorgeous princess character and made it free to use! Big thanks to her!