Close Mark all as read
Notifications Announcements

Total posts

Views

Sonya
Princess
Sonya
Princess

Thank you for your patience. First of all, I want to apologize for taking so long to finally release the judging of the 2021 summer game jam. For those of you who know about my family situation, you know I've been trying to remain silent for my own safety. However, I'm not one to keep waiting, so I'm going to keep moving with CloudNovel while I wait for them. So anyway, I’m here to announce the result of the 2021 Beach Jam!

Resources Entries

Blind Mermaid
 by @SpringMetal4316

A very colorful blend of purple and green colors to create a mermaid character wearing a blindfold. With this unique design, we can see SprintMetal’s improvement as an artist as he is draws with more clear anatomy and use of color theory. Overall, this is a great mermaid sprite set that would be fitting of a “frog prince” theme with a pink lotus and green lily pad. Great if you are planning to create a story of a mermaid in a swamp or a lake/pond.
We will reward him with 1000 points!

Beach (day and night)
 by @SyntheOtaku

A beach background with varying day and night versions. We see Syn’s practice with drawing landscapes as he practices drawing with the clear blue sky at the horizon line of the beach background’s ocean water. Overall, this is something that could be a great asset to use with the Blind Mermaid character sprite by SprintMetal4316, so if you’re looking to practice making an ocean-themed or beach fantasy visual novel, this is the perfect background!
We will reward him with 1000 points!

Meldiea
 by @LusterMaiden

This character sprite set is very pretty and shows how talented an artist LusterMaiden is. The simple soft cell shading perfectly coordinates with the line art and the little red ribbon at the back of the character’s hair reminds me of those Japanese priestesses with their red pants and white tops. Overall, this is a great character sprite set for experimenting with a “lady in a summer hat on the beach” kind of story.
We will reward LusterMaiden 8,000 points!

Alice
 by @Melodymoonlight305

A summer-themed blonde with tattoos that make her look like this girl is part of a motorcycle gang. Overall, Alice is a very good sprite to use to experiment in using on a story or game that has a “road trip” theme on the American highway. We love her orange shades that add such a nice touch to her face and overall character design! Well done!
We will reward Melodymoonlight305 3,000 points!

Summer Ride
 by @Makochan

This summer themed soundtrack is the perfect music for a relaxing scene to the end of a summer day. It has a happy go-lucky vibe to it that makes it really relaxing to listen to, all on its own! Overall, great job on composing this, Makochan!
We will reward Makochan 6,000 points!

Beach Towel Textbox w/ Namebox
 by @RavenetteSenpai

This is a simple free to use textbox with a beach towel theme. If you’re looking to make a quick summer or beach themed visual novel, this could be great in combination with SpringMetal’s blind mermaid sprite and SyntheOtaku’s beach background.
We will reward RavenetteSenpai with 1,000 points!

Dress Up Game Entries

Sool Glore - Summer season by @kawarimi

This dress-up game goes above and beyond! There are so many options to dress up your own male summer character with the Instagram-style filters. It’s the perfect dress-up game to take the time to relax and create a male character fit for the summer. Kawarimi’s art style is great and this game shows her talents in fashion and clothing design, and overall character designing overall. We hope to see more from Kawarimi in the future!
We will reward Kawarimi 15,000 points!

Mermaid Transformation by @WarriorOutcast

This dress up game is packed with outfits, hairstyles, and many many variations to create your own beach human or mermaid character! The clever use of switch out the legs with the mermaid tail adds a fun touch to this “create your own mermaid” dress-up game. Overall, this is arguably a great example of the perfect dress-up game.
We will reward WarriorOutcast with 20,000 points!

Mermaid Transformation by @NinthCapsul

A fun short and sweet dress up game for creating your own swim suit character on the beach. Although there are not as many selections as some other dress-up games entered in this year’s summer game jam, the overall art style is pleasing to the eye and can be entertaining for a good few minutes as you create your very own beach character.
We will reward NinthCapsul 10,000 points

Visual Novel Entries

City of Summer by @Syrui

A visual novel game about a family taking a vacation during the summer, while the main character has reoccurring strange dreams of her past life. Overall, I love the harsh almost “steam punk” metal coloring style this visual novel has. It’s really alive and rusty, and takes you into a world where everything seems dark and dangerous. Other than the aesthetics, the story seems really interesting and I implore everyone to try out this game. What is a shame is that there are no sounds in the visual novel.
We will reward Syrui with 10,000 points!

Summer Vacation by @PaleoNi

This game is hilarious. You play as a character who is on summer break, and suddenly when you think you got a chance to breathe and relax during your school break, your mom kicks you out of the house to force you to get a summer job. The whole story suddenly takes an unexpected turn when you find yourself as a babysitter to a family of vampires, yes, twilight style. The game mechanics are very clever and the mini-games were so fun to play. Overall, Sonya enjoyed playing this game very much on stream, and we had a lot of laughs playing through this game.
We will reward PaleoNi with 30,000 points!

DR's: Chemicals at The Beach! by @HoundTound

One of the very few visual novels with voice acting, this story is a delightful sequel to HoundTound’s previous summer game jam game from 2020. Brocollina makes a second appearance as the story centers around the birthday party on the beach for a Doctor Two-Tone’s birthday. Overall, this is very well done and Sonya had a blast playing through it in the 2021 summer game jam stream!
We will reward HoundTound with 20,000 points!

Hanakaze by @Dataeno

A sweet story about a girl confessing her feelings to her childhood crush, who is about to attend school overseas at his dream school. If you’re looking for a sweet and short romance and a slice of life story, this is the game for you! Overall, Sonya had a great time playing it on Twitch and we hope to see more from Dataeno in the future!
We will reward Dataeno with 10,000 points!

Sea Sonzai by @Lunamations

This is a short and sweet creative demo of a game about a girl named Coraline, whose family owns a beach, and finds a mysterious crab axolotl man on the shore. Although this game was only a demo, the dialogue was incredibly funny as well as the variety of choice within the visual novel was entertaining for a good few moments. The art style is also Lunamations’ signature coloring and was very pretty to look at while reading this visual novel.
We will reward Lunamations with 15,000 points!

Town Square 2: Love by the shore by @Danceing56

This shockingly funny visual novel is very violent and uncharacteristic of its cartoon-like 2d characters. In combination with the violence of this seemingly harmless game, you are thrown into a town where nothing is as it seems. Sonya played through the route with Mattie, and met a violent end with a kidnapper named Alice. Overall, very funny game and story. We could tell a lot of effort was put into this game.
We will reward Danceing56 with 10,000 points!

goodbye, kitty girl by @whimsyjupiter

A very sweet and well paced story about a girl trying to find her lost cat that has been lost for quite a few years. In it, you meet two friends, Soren and Dylan, who try to help the main character Dawn find her lost cat. Although this story is short, it is a well rounded and completed story about a girl moving on and saying goodbye to her lost cat from years ago.
We will reward whimsyjupiter with 20,000 points!

That's all for this jam! Next, we will have a Valentine's day Jam, it will be announced later tonight!