Close Mark all as read
Notifications Announcements

Total posts

Views

DAX
Empress
DAX
Empress
Hello, CloudNovelist! We are back with another Halloween-themed jam called Spooky Jam.

Against the black void, looms the lunar sphere. Hungry ghosts haunt, satisfied by fright. Oh my! The children's faces blanch in fear. And thus the small summit embodies white... 

Knock! Knock! Who's there? Could it be… the little ghostie?

Theme: Halloween, Uninvited Guest(s)
Contest Period: October 1st, 2020 - October 31st, 2020.

Optional Prompts:

• I am so excited to be known as the host of the most awesome-epic-fantastic-bombastic Halloween party this year. I have to make sure everything is going fine but as I welcome the last guest to the party; I hear a knocking on the door. Who's there?

• As a manager of the most prestigious hotel, I love Halloween! Why? Because there will be a lot of guests in the hotel! I am so ready to welcome my little cashb- ahem, I mean, honorable guests with an open arm, but little did I know, our hotel will be visited by someone or something beyond imagination.

• I am a recently died ghost. This year will be my first time celebrating Halloween as a wandering soul. If I visit a house and say Trick and Treat, will they give me candy or allow me to pull on a trick?

Prize:
All valid entries are eligible to receive points varying 100 - 50,000 points upon completion.

Sonya's Favourite

One winner from entry will be chosen as Sonya's Favourite to receive a special Sailor Moon + Tuxedo Mask couple's figurine from an anime, Sailor Moon. 

Category Rules:
If you are entering with visual novel entry, your entry must be eligible for one of these categories:

• CATEGORY A - Ongoing/Hiatus entries that had been created or published before the jam began. It must be completed within the jam period. 

• CATEGORY B - New entries with less than 5,000 total published words are required to be completed within the jam period to be valid. 

• CATEGORY C - New entries with over 5,000 total published words may enter with ongoing work

You can find more rules on the contest page.

FAQ

1. May I start working on my project before the jam begins?
    You may start working on your project but if you do not want to be categorized in Category A, please make sure to not create the project on CloudNovel before the jam begins. You are, however, allowed to work on stuff like drawing, writing, and preparing assets before the jam begins.

2. Can I create my project on CloudNovel before the jam begins?
    Yes, but your entry will be categorized in Category A, even if you do not publish it before the jam begins.

3. I want to enter with an existing game, but what happened if I completed it before the jam begins?
    We will consider your entry invalid. Update at least once within the contest period for us to consider it valid.

4. Can I enter with a completed existing game?
    No. If you want to enter with an existing game, make sure it is a demo or ongoing or in hiatus before the jam and finish the game within the contest period.

5. Do I have to use the prompts listed on the contest page?
    No, absolutely not. Those are optional prompts that you may use if you have no idea how to start.

6. My script is below 5,000 words. Can I still join the jam?
    YES! Just make sure you complete your entry by the end of the jam.

7. Does the word count requirement only count for one route/ending or the total words in the entire game?
    The requirement for the word counts applies to the entire game. You may see the total word count within the Settings of your project. Please take notice that we are referring to the published words only. You have more unpublished words, it will not count.

8. I plan to have over 5,000 words in the script, but I will probably publish around 500 words only. Is it okay?
    It is your choice, but it will probably be invalid entries as it is not completed and under 5,000 words.

9. What do you consider as [Completed]? Can I just slap [Completed] label on my entries and call it a quit?
    To prevent the abuse of using the Completed label on incomplete entries, the completed state will be judged accordingly by the staff. Its definition may vary depending on the progress of your entries, but as long as it has an ending, we will deem it as completed. However, we will also judge how completed the ending is. An open ending is fine, but it needs to be reasonable. It must have tied all loose knots the story has before we call it an open ending.

10. What if I finish my story with less than 5,000 words, but I have put none or only a few assets in my visual novel?
    Your entry will be considered incomplete, thus will be eliminated from the final ranking. Even if you might have passed our first round of entries screening, please do note we reserve the right to eliminate your entry if it ends up being an invalid entry.

11. I have published over 5,000 words, but I do not finish animating my assets. Will it be a valid entry considering it is eligible for ongoing work?
    No. You need to finish animating and setting up for all those words you have published or we will eliminate your entry.

12. I want to enter with an existing game and it has over 5,000 words. Will it still be a valid entry if it is incomplete by the end of the jam?
    No. An existing game needs to be completed by the end of the jam to ensure it is a valid entry.

13. Does the word count matters if I enter with Completed entry?
    No, it does not matter. You may enter with an entry with less than 5,000 words if you complete it by the end of the jam. However, as clarified in Article No. 8, we will judge how completed it is and reserve the right to eliminate it if we deemed that it does not deserve their completed state.

14. How about dress up games? It does not have any words, how can it be considered completed or incomplete?
    Dress up games will be considered as completed as long as you can make a fully clothed avatar with at least two variations of clothes, hair, and eyes.

15. I do not want to enter with visual novel entry. Can I use published work to enter the jam?
    No, you have to make sure your entry is completely new if you are entering with dress up game or asset resource.

16. Can I enter with Mature content?
    Yes, but make sure you rate your content properly.

17. Can I enter with multiple entries?
    You can but we will consider how many points in total, you get for all those entries.

18. I have more questions!
    Feel free to leave your question under this thread and we will try our best to answer you.

Ahshsjsjsj Ahshsjsjsj
Can we enter a game that already been in the works but not yet completed?
DAX
Empress
DAX
Empress
SyntheOtaku said: Can we enter a game that already been in the works but not yet completed?
@SyntheOtaku Yes but it is only for a visual novel. It will fall under Category A. Other than a visual novel, please refer to FAQ, Article No. 15.
Can we do assets for the jam or is it only Visual novels?
DAX
Empress
DAX
Empress
KuroAkiza said: Can we do assets for the jam or is it only Visual novels?
@KuroAkiza yes you can.
Sonya
Princess
Sonya
Princess
New Prize for Halloween Game Jam

Hey y'all, it's me Sonya, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm giving away my Sailor Moon + Tuxedo Mask Figure to one special winner of the Spooky Game Jam/Contest!

It's a very gorgeous couple's figure of two iconic anime characters from Sailor Moon. Everyone will be able to win points, but my favorite entry will have this figure shipped to them as a prize!

Since this is not a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place prize, this is more of my own favorite entry and that means there is no criteria. Doesn't mean it is the best entry, or the funniest, it is just the favorite entry that I, Sonya, will pick. 

So if you haven't already, check out the Halloween Game Jam!
I have a question! If you do play through the entries, will it be on Youtube or Twitch? (so sorry if this is completely off-topic, I was just curious ^^) 

I think I missed seeing you play the Unforgettable Summer Jam entries and I don't want to miss seeing it this time.

Thanksies ^^

DAX
Empress
DAX
Empress
Spooky Jam Update!

Sorry for being a week late at updating. I was away for a while and just came back.

Spooky Jam officially ended on October 31st, 2020. There are a lot of amazing entries submitted to this jam and we cannot wait to review/play it!

Without further ado, let's check out the list of valid entries for this Spooky Jam.

List of Valid Spooky Jam Entries
Visual Novel Entries

Our Legendary Heroes Sir Schmoopy and Eluamous Nailo (played by Mike and Rob) experience a frightful Hallowboleen that could destroy all life in the Realms as we know it, or am I just being dramatic?

You are on your way to a Halloween Party, but some unwanted guests prevent you from leaving the house... Who will you call for help? 
Welcome to Raven Reach! This small Visual Novel game is made in the Halloween Jam 2020 as the first introduction to this strange little town.

A trio of friends has a tradition: go to an abandoned house every year around Halloween. This year, things are a little different.

It's your birthday, and you get an unexpected gift, a GIGAGHOST! You dislike the gift, but you decide to keep it anyway.

It's Hollo Night and all the other Wolves are out howling at the moon, partying, and going door to door getting candy. I'm just going to stay indoors this year. After last year's fight with my friends, I've been taking it solo, and I'm not about to break that isolation streak just yet. At least, till someone familiar knocks on my door.

Yuri Takahashi is at a sleepover with her friends Naomi and Yui When Yui decides to visit their middle school at night to investigate a rumor, they mysteriously get locked in and must escape as their school's dark past is brought to light.

Mu Shr-homie is a virtual mushroom girl roommate with a style the whole family can enjoy! Players can feed her delicious sweets, change her outfits, get her to do tasks, and talk to her! 
It's so realistic you can't believe it! Get yourself a new homie today!

A lonely boy's halloween night changes when he hears a thump from the attic.

Resources Entries

That's all for the Spooky Jam entries this year. We will review the entries and announce the result soon. Please DO NOT update your entry until we announce the result. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Sonya
Princess
Sonya
Princess
We will release the 2020 Halloween game jam results in December due to technical difficulties. Thank you for understanding!