Create New Project

Cover Image Link:

Screenshot Links:

Note: CloudNovel doesn't support image uploading. We would like you to provide direct links to your images for the meantime.

Genre: Maturity:

Note: If your visual novel contains any explicit content (Hentai, Eroge, Yaoi, etc), please select mature. Failure to do so may result in deletion of your visual novel and a banned account.

Moonlight † Virgin DEMO

by Sonya
Rating:

An otome game collaboration by TurnerJFrost and Sonya!

CG illustrations (c) SugarBeans

Development Team:
Sonya - Director & Producer
Minty - Lead Writer (Creator of Story & Plot)
HoneyMei - Writer
TeaChan - Writer
TurnerJFrost - Editor

Moonlight Virgin DEMO

Find all published visual novels on Cloudnovel

Re: Moonlight Virgin DEMO

Postby melo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Sonya wrote:Hey there!

The back button hasn't been fixed yet, it's a known glitch. I plan to fix it before June or May.

About the lagging, I don't know what is happening because I've just tested out both the online and offline versions of the game on my fastest i7 computer and also my i5 computer and they run just fine without any lag. Are you using an i3 computer? I know you're using windows since that downloaded version is only available for Windows 64 bit, but if you use an i3 computer it might be why it's lagging.

Ah, okay.
My laptop uses Intel Celeron N2840:
It's been running a lot of visual novels by Ren'py creators and professional studios flawlessly (CloudNovel is a first), although it does appears to be even worse than an i3. x'D
melo

Postby Sonya » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:49 pm

melo wrote:
Sonya wrote:Hey there!

The back button hasn't been fixed yet, it's a known glitch. I plan to fix it before June or May.

About the lagging, I don't know what is happening because I've just tested out both the online and offline versions of the game on my fastest i7 computer and also my i5 computer and they run just fine without any lag. Are you using an i3 computer? I know you're using windows since that downloaded version is only available for Windows 64 bit, but if you use an i3 computer it might be why it's lagging.

Ah, okay.
My laptop uses Intel Celeron N2840:
It's been running a lot of visual novels by Ren'py creators and professional studios flawlessly (CloudNovel is a first), although it does appears to be even worse than an i3. x'D

Hi Melo,

Okay yeah I think that's the reason why. It does suck that CloudNovel lags under computer that are lower than an i3.

I don't know if there's much I can do on it since this whole website runs on HTML5 which is the latest web tech and probably all HTML5 games with any amount of graphics will run slow on the more basic computers. I guess maybe I can research RenPy's visual novels and sees how it runs on basic computers and see if I can do something too.

As of now, I'm really sorry for the lag. I'll do my very best to research something to fix this.

EDIT: I just took a look at the Q&A about old computers and why HTML5 games lag:

The answer is the internet simply uses more resources on a computer. More CPU processing, more RAM, more disk I/O, and newer instructions required by the OS. It is not one thing, it is all things that a modern browser can do that end up taxing every aspect of the computer. (Open a static html site and I bet the computer will be as fast as ever; but what sites are static these days?) One thing like too little RAM can cripple a computer, but you overload 2 or 3 things at a time and you have a computer that for all intents and purposes doesn't work at all.

An older computer CAN be used, albeight slowly. But you need to make sure it is not being overloaded by simply keeping the OS running AND has extra resources availible to actually browse. What is your baseline specs with no programs open? And the PCI bus can be your friend for upgrading things like your disk and graphics. Here is what we have found works for us to use older hardware in modern times.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Sonya
Princess
Princess

Postby Lavandulalilium36 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:01 am

I caught spelling and grammar errors, but this novel is really good so far :D

Kyle says, "It looks like you have been going your studies, after all."

Ashe says with the teacher,"Huh? What! You didn't explain or answered my question!"
when there should be answer.

Also...when ashe says"I am soon eighteen, Dad" it doesn't really make sense though I get what her point is.

On the runaway route, Ashe says, "That sounds okay. I can finally make some friends and play!"

On the runaway route, Ashe thinks, "Oh...No wonder Teacher was always so passionate during the lesson about equality..."

On the runaway route, Kyle says, "You're not the only one who doesn't want to, Ashe; there's a lot of humans who don't want to study, but still goes because it's their duty."

I hope this helps :D
"There is no wrong or right path when it comes to making desicions. It depends on you."
Lavandulalilium36
Black Cat
Black Cat

Postby Sonya » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:45 am

Lavandulalilium36 wrote:I caught spelling and grammar errors, but this novel is really good so far :D

Ashe says with the teacher,"Huh? What! You didn't explain or answered my question!"

Also...when ashe says"I am soon eighteen, Dad" it doesn't really make sense though I get what her point is.

On the runaway route, Ashe says, "That sounds okay. I can finally make some friends and play!"

On the runaway route, Ashe thinks, "Oh...No wonder Teacher was always so passionate during the lesson about equality..."

On the runaway route, Kyle says, "You're not the only one who doesn't want to, Ashe; there's a lot of humans who don't want to study, but still goes because it's their duty."

Thanks! I'll let Minty know we found these grammatical errors!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Sonya
Princess
Princess

Postby Lavandulalilium36 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Sonya wrote:
Lavandulalilium36 wrote:I caught spelling and grammar errors, but this novel is really good so far :D

Thanks! I'll let Minty know we found these grammatical errors!

Kay! :d Glad to be of service :D
"There is no wrong or right path when it comes to making desicions. It depends on you."
Lavandulalilium36
Black Cat
Black Cat

Previous

Return to Visual Novels