Toffee Kingdom (DONE, LINK IN THREAD!)

A game jam and contest for spring, romance, and pink themed visual novels!

Toffee Kingdom (DONE, LINK IN THREAD!)

Postby shogako » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 am

update at 5/11/17:
AAAA!! It's finally finished! Time to kick back and relax!!
Please go play it below! Thank you guys so much for your support and interest in my visual novel!

play?n=7cfa3f1ff5d

Bet you guys knew I was going to leap at the chance of a love-themed jam, didn't you?

So, I'm here to announce my Sakura Jam novel: Toffee Kingdom!
I don't want to say much about it because I don't want people hinting some of their ideas from my novel, but it's going to be your average love story. Right? That's all I create, anyways, average, no-plot-twist romance stories.

Anyways, onto the plot: it has to do with romance, and once again you play as a boy who has no recollection of his past. There will be fantasy involved and I bet you guys will fall in love with the character designs!

I'm an artist, so I created all of the character sprites, their emotions, and the story belongs to me. Since I have no artistic talent in backgrounds, I'm just taking what I can get from all sorts of different places. Lots of the music will involve piano and music used for already pre-existing animes and games. This novel isn't for profit, so I don't think there will be a problem.

In most of my visual novels, the assets clearly don't load properly and it's hard to find another asset just like the one I had previously. In Toffee Kingdom, that won't happen. I'm sure of it. I will be downloading ALL of my resources and I will make sure that the assets come from reliable sites.

I'm excited to finish this project, seeing as it'll probably be my first novel I'll finish thoroughly. I hope that everything goes in my favor and I want to wish everybody else good luck on their projects!
Last edited by shogako on Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You'll love me forever, r i g h t ?"
I really like creating yandere/horror visual novels.
edgy kid squad
shogako
Sakura
Sakura

Re: Toffee Kingdom

Postby shogako » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:50 pm

small update: 4/8/17
Soo, breaking my back at literally midnight to get buttons done.
I really want a textbox, but it seems like none of them really fit the theme. Creating my own will be a nightmare, but I don't see any other way of doing it..
uhgn.
the pressure is on, but I can definitely get things done. I'll even work at school if I must.
help me
edgy kid squad
shogako
Sakura
Sakura

Postby Sonya » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:17 am

Good luck, also I'm extending the jam from 15 days to 30 days so you'll have a whole month. :D
ImageImage
Sonya
Princess
Princess

Postby fluffness » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:34 am

Sonya wrote:Good luck, also I'm extending the jam from 15 days to 30 days so you'll have a whole month. :D

whaaaaat?? you're extending it? *melt* that's great, i can go back rolling in fluff then =w= *roll away* yay no hurry!
CEMETERY AND FLUFF ALL THE WAY!!
fluffness
Sakura
Sakura

Postby shogako » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Sonya wrote:Good luck, also I'm extending the jam from 15 days to 30 days so you'll have a whole month. :D

Really?? aah, you're a blessing! :whee:
Thank you very much, it'll be quite helpful for a lot of us!
edgy kid squad
shogako
Sakura
Sakura

Postby shogako » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 pm

4/16/17 update:
shogako
Sakura
Sakura

Postby shogako » Tue May 09, 2017 11:56 am

update 5/9/17:
So it was my birthday last Friday and I enjoyed it pretty well, but over the weekend I didn't get much done. I'm trying to get some things finished up, but a lot of the sites are blocked at school. I'll have to work around my limited hours and hopefully finish my project before the 12th rolls around.
So far I have:

Script: 66%
Textboxes/Choices: 100%
Character Sprites: 100%
SFX: 70%
Music: 85%
Special Screens: 70%

I'm pretty close to finishing, so wish me luck! Hopefully I'll be able to get done in the time that I have.
shogako
Sakura
Sakura

Re: Toffee Kingdom (DONE, LINK IN THREAD!)

Postby shogako » Thu May 11, 2017 11:53 pm

And I am finished! It turned out so lovely, I'm super proud of my little baby.
As said previously, I will finish the novel when the judging is over with and it'll most likely be during the summer when I do. I hope I'm able to finish it in that amount of time, seeing as the story is very, very long. I'm sure you guys will love it.
The past couple of days have been really stressful for me. I had to finish my Sakura Jam project, keep up in school, and in eight days I'm going to a concert six hours away from my house.
Not to mention, I moved and everything is stowed away in boxes.
So, anyway, I'm gonna stop rambling. I posted the link above in the first post, so go check out my vn!
shogako
Sakura
Sakura

Return to Sakura Jam