Create New Project








Cover Image Link:


Screenshot Links:


Note: CloudNovel doesn't support image uploading. We would like you to provide direct links to your images for the meantime.

Genre: Maturity:

Note: If your visual novel contains any explicit content (Hentai, Eroge, Yaoi, etc), please select mature. Failure to do so may result in deletion of your visual novel and a banned account.

Upload of Content at the Resources

Latest news & updates concerning CloudNovel

Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby ThayBrownie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 am

Lovely Users,

The Resources page is where others users will get useful assets for their Visual Novels, so the content there need to have a great quality and most important need to attend their needs (for commercial or non-commercial projects) but I've saw some creations that are against your Terms of Use. Users that see a content inside CloudNovel will use them at their projects, and if any of the resources they use is copyrighted but they don't know, will cause them damages if they commercialize their project.


I want to point out that your Terms of Use is clear about the use of copyrighted content:

“CloudNovel” does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and “CloudNovel” will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. “CloudNovel” reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.


It's forbidden to post contents you don't have permission. You can upload any type of asset as long you have permission for such.

If you can't contact someone asking if you can use their artwork as a free resource don't use or upload it.



What you can upload at the Resources:

* Your Artwork

* Other's Artwork (as long you have permission from them)

* Digital Art / Traditional Art / Pixel Art

* Sprite Sheets (that you own or have permission to use)

* Fanarts (that you own or have permission to use) as long you give the credits to the owner of the design/character


What you can't upload at the Resources:

* Other's Artwork without their permission

* Bad quality images ¹

* Modify other's artwork without their permission (copy partially of artwork, recolour, trace the artwork to make lineart... etc) and use as your own artwork


Don't forget to always give credit for others artwork when you use them at your projects. To credit the artist is to show you appreciate their work and respect them.

All rules apply for music files resources as well.


Thanks for read the announcement. If you have any double or question about use or upload contents at the Resources you can post a reply here or PM me.




Notes:
¹ often blurred, pixelated (this don't apply for pixel art style), obviously cropped from another image, resized images (from small ones to big ones)
User avatar
ThayBrownie
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby Jenjen08 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:33 am

This is very helpful, but what do you mean by " bad quality images? " And will I have to delete the assets that I uploaded simply because of that?

Sorry if I come off as awkward.

-Jenjen08
Hmm, In wonder what this is
User avatar
Jenjen08
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:03 am
Location: Somewhere hot... Very hot

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby ThayBrownie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:48 am

Jenjen08 wrote:This is very helpful, but what do you mean by " bad quality images? " And will I have to delete the assets that I uploaded simply because of that?

Sorry if I come off as awkward.

-Jenjen08


Bad quality images are often blurred, pixelated (this don't apply for pixel art style), obviously cropped from another image, resized images (from small ones to big ones).

If your image have any of this quality issues it'll be probably be deleted.
☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝ Twitter⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝

☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
༼∩ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚ Image . * ・ 。゚☆━੧༼ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽୨
User avatar
ThayBrownie
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby Viper » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Perhaps this is a stupid question (in fact I almost know it is) but what if I am using others peoples art but am not uploading them to the resources section of CloudNovel? If I use them solely in my game and do not post them as a free resource, will that make any difference or is the rule still the same?

Unfortunately I do not, and cannot, get direct permission from the creators since they are not English speakers and are popular enough that they would never see an email from me. I planned on using the sprites and CG's from their visual novel for my 100% nonprofit game that I was just going to do for fun. The story is completely different and I would give credit to the creators. The only reason I ask is because I have a strong need to have all 13 of the sprites(at the very least) to be in the same art style so taking them from something else was the only way that I could make that happen since I myself cannot draw. I will have to scrap my entire project if I am not able to use them so I don't want to go any further than I already have until I know if the VN would just get deleted if I posted it.
Image
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:43 am

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby Jenjen08 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:52 pm

ThayBrownie wrote:
Jenjen08 wrote:This is very helpful, but what do you mean by " bad quality images? " And will I have to delete the assets that I uploaded simply because of that?

Sorry if I come off as awkward.

-Jenjen08


Bad quality images are often blurred, pixelated (this don't apply for pixel art style), obviously cropped from another image, resized images (from small ones to big ones).

If your image have any of this quality issues it'll be probably be deleted.


Alright, now that I discovered that ( all of ) my images need to be deleted, how do I delete them?

EDIT: Actually nevermind, I found out how, sorry about that!
Hmm, In wonder what this is
User avatar
Jenjen08
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:03 am
Location: Somewhere hot... Very hot

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby ThayBrownie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:58 am

Viper wrote:Perhaps this is a stupid question (in fact I almost know it is) but what if I am using others peoples art but am not uploading them to the resources section of CloudNovel? If I use them solely in my game and do not post them as a free resource, will that make any difference or is the rule still the same?

Unfortunately I do not, and cannot, get direct permission from the creators since they are not English speakers and are popular enough that they would never see an email from me. I planned on using the sprites and CG's from their visual novel for my 100% nonprofit game that I was just going to do for fun. The story is completely different and I would give credit to the creators. The only reason I ask is because I have a strong need to have all 13 of the sprites(at the very least) to be in the same art style so taking them from something else was the only way that I could make that happen since I myself cannot draw. I will have to scrap my entire project if I am not able to use them so I don't want to go any further than I already have until I know if the VN would just get deleted if I posted it.


Well, I would say that if you don't profit with your project it's less problematic. Anyway, always credit other's artwork.

I'll give you one example:

If I wanted to make a Pokemon fangame. Nintendo (usualy) don't care about fangames, but if the site/author earn money (even if it's donations to keep the site alive) with their project, Nintendo will (for sure) take it down.

So If I can't draw? Will I need to ask someone to make the art for just a fangame? No. You don't need. So you would take the artwork from their site and use for your nonprofit fangame, and everyone will know it's just for fun. Begin fair and credit Nintendo/Pokemon Company at your credits (for the design/concept/artwork) because you don't own (the design/concept/artwork) is the right thing to do. Actualy even when you draw another person concept/design you need to credit them for it.

Like I made here (resource?asset=440d4b483fe3b15fd0). The artwork is mine (i draw the image) but the design/concept/character isn't, so I needed to credit them.

About asking for permission. I talked about it, because if people post the content of others without their permission as a free resource, people that comercialize a project with this unauthorized content will have damage (or even a legal process). But you said they are just to popular to see your e-mail? And if you send them a e-mail, and they response with a positive reply or even with curiosity to see your project. You'll never know because you haven't contact them.

I'll say something true. Sony have made a awesome flash VN, called Cafe Rouge. I loved to play it, I was shy to send a comment about how I loved it. At the time I also believed she was so popular that would not reply me. But after some years, I found CloudNovel, started talking with Sony and found out she made the VN a loved to play. If I've had commented her VN at that time, she would probably have reply to my comment.

If you use the content just in your VN (don't upload at Resources) and give the proper credits, there is no major problem. But, I'll just say if they found out and wanna the VN to be taked down, we can't make anything to keep your VN here.
☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝ Twitter⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝

☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
༼∩ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚ Image . * ・ 。゚☆━੧༼ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽୨
User avatar
ThayBrownie
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby Viper » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:07 pm

ThayBrownie wrote:Well, I would say that if you don't profit with your project it's less problematic. Anyway, always credit other's artwork.

I'll give you one example:

If I wanted to make a Pokemon fangame. Nintendo (usualy) don't care about fangames, but if the site/author earn money (even if it's donations to keep the site alive) with their project, Nintendo will (for sure) take it down.

So If I can't draw? Will I need to ask someone to make the art for just a fangame? No. You don't need. So you would take the artwork from their site and use for your nonprofit fangame, and everyone will know it's just for fun. Begin fair and credit Nintendo/Pokemon Company at your credits (for the design/concept/artwork) because you don't own (the design/concept/artwork) is the right thing to do. Actualy even when you draw another person concept/design you need to credit them for it.

Like I made here (resource?asset=440d4b483fe3b15fd0). The artwork is mine (i draw the image) but the design/concept/character isn't, so I needed to credit them.

About asking for permission. I talked about it, because if people post the content of others without their permission as a free resource, people that comercialize a project with this unauthorized content will have damage (or even a legal process). But you said they are just to popular to see your e-mail? And if you send them a e-mail, and they response with a positive reply or even with curiosity to see your project. You'll never know because you haven't contact them.

I'll say something true. Sony have made a awesome flash VN, called Cafe Rouge. I loved to play it, I was shy to send a comment about how I loved it. At the time I also believed she was so popular that would not reply me. But after some years, I found CloudNovel, started talking with Sony and found out she made the VN a loved to play. If I've had commented her VN at that time, she would probably have reply to my comment.

If you use the content just in your VN (don't upload at Resources) and give the proper credits, there is no major problem. But, I'll just say if they found out and wanna the VN to be taked down, we can't make anything to keep your VN here.


Ah I see, thank you for answering my question! It makes a lot more sense now! Glad to hear that I don't have to scrap my idea now.
Image
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:43 am

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby ThayBrownie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Viper wrote:Ah I see, thank you for answering my question! It makes a lot more sense now! Glad to hear that I don't have to scrap my idea now.


Great I could help! :D
☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝ Twitter⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝

☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
༼∩ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚ Image . * ・ 。゚☆━੧༼ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽୨
User avatar
ThayBrownie
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby Cassycat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:16 pm

If I drew something for my story on https://sketch.io/sketchpad/ , how would I upload it? I am sorry if this is not where I should be asking.
Thank you.
User avatar
Cassycat
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Re: Upload of Content at the Resources

Postby ThayBrownie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:08 am

Cassycat wrote:If I drew something for my story on https://sketch.io/sketchpad/ , how would I upload it? I am sorry if this is not where I should be asking.
Thank you.


Well, if sketch pad generates a gallery where you can get the image URL links you can just copy/paste the links. But if you can't get a link (remember that it needs to finish by .png or .jpg) you'll need to upload your content somewhere else. So you'll save the images at your computer and upload them at Trello, Photobucket or other host image site you want to use.

The right place to post would be 'Support' or 'Suggestions and Questions'.
☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝ Twitter⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝

☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ 。゚ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・ ☆゚. * ・
༼∩ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚ Image . * ・ 。゚☆━੧༼ •́ ヮ •̀ ༽୨
User avatar
ThayBrownie
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest